It’s about that time in Houston when we face the dog days of summer. In a blink, July is over and hot, sweltering August is now here. However, Fashion Time doesn’t quite work that way. According to Fashion Time, it’s transition-o’clock. It’s time to charge full steam ahead to fall.
You might be thinking, “Fall, Elaine? In this heat?” as you desperately search for changing leaves, pumpkin spice, and crisp breeze. “All I’m seeing is sun, sun, and more sun.” Well, I’m here to tell you to look beyond your surroundings. It’s the perfect time to take a quick vacation to the fall season. Let’s indulge in some mental wanderlust and transport ourselves for a quick getaway to fall.
Our trip to fall is a trip to London.
I will be giving you more in depth details on my design process and inspiration as soon we officially kick off Fall in a couple of weeks. However, I’m so excited to share where we are headed that I had to send you guys a quick sneak peak with fun behind the scenes pics and highlighted fall trends. Enjoy this quick getaway to fall, but remember, your style is a reflection of who you are as an individual. Pick the trends that suit you or reimagine what’s popular to meet your personal sense of style.
Express Through Embroidery
Embroidery is not only all over our new arrivals but our Fall Collection too – apparel, shoes, handbags, you name it. We have left no stone unembroidered. Embroidery is your one-way ticket to being you at your boldest. Who we are as individuals lies in the details. Whether it’s the shoulder of the jacket or the back of a sneaker, don’t be afraid to embellish your style with detailed, individual charm. We’ve taken the embroidery trend and let our imaginations run free.
What to Look For:
- Handbags: You’ll find classic Elaine Turner shapes with new, groundbreaking details. Leather, suede, and even python are all due up for an elegant, embroidered facelift.
- Shoes: Look for embroidery where you least expect it. You wouldn’t want this trend to “sneak” by you this fall.
- Apparel: We’ve kept Elaine Turner signatures like chiffon and georgette, but we’re letting embroidery take the weight off your shoulders.
Customization Adds Character
Fall 2017 is rooted in individuality grown from London charm. London is eclectic, richly diverse, and welcomes everyone for exactly who they are. Our trip to London means a step outside of our comfort zone but also a newfound freedom to stretch our boundaries. Every piece in this collection can be worn and styled million different ways, molding to the personality of the woman wearing it. So, this fall is all about mixing, matching, layering, pairing, and being daring. There are endless options, no wrong answers, and a push to customize.
What to Look For:
- Handbags: It’s all about the strap this season! And, we will be introducing removable, adjustable “guitar-inspired” straps to our handbag assortment so you can truly make it your own.
- Shoes: This line of shoes is our most diverse yet. We’ve tapped into London’s diverse charm to provide you with heaps of new styles and materials to choose from. Let’s just say you’ll be equally ready for the dance floor, the grocery store, and even for combat.
- Apparel: We love providing effortless glamour through light, elegant dresses, and tops. But just like London, it’s time to embrace the new age. Customize your look with boundless outerwear options, jackets, and shirting. We’re introducing new materials, new shapes, and new style categories you won’t see coming.
- Jewelry: It’s time to go bigger than ever before. Expect heavier pieces with layers on layers on layers. Who says one necklace can’t have 3 different textures? In London, anything is possible.
Add a Pop of Color
We know this isn’t your first Fall. You know the drill. Earthy tones, neutrals, and muted colors. But let’s dive into London’s revolutionary spirit. How about a pop of color? If summer can be for suede, we say fall can be for color. Break the status quo and welcome the exhilarating rush of being a true trendsetter. Let’s break new ground together and sip pumpkin spice lattes while we do it.
What to Look For:
- Handbags: Prepare yourself for classic fall hues, but make room for something new! Expect fuscia, cherry, lilac, neoprene, and bright floral patterns amidst earthy suede’s.
- Apparel: We’ve added a pop of color to balance out our darker, sophisticated tones. Look for bright colors in outerwear scarves, striped panel shirting, and glamorous peacock print.
- Jewelry: I’ll keep it straight with you – our jewelry is tapping into the Woodlander trend for earthy natural pieces. But we’ve maintained bright colors through layering and beautiful beads. Keep an eye out for your favorite Elaine Turner pink and turquoise touches.
Thank you for our joining me on this brief trip to London and sneak peek into Fall 2017. I am so excited to see you tap into your full fashion potential this fall.
XOXO – Elaine